Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration
Oversees work being performed by production teams associated with molding and assembly. Train employees on job procedures and works closely with the supervisor to meet production goals. May work as part of the team performing molding and assembly processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Support the QMS system by ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through proper documentation and record keeping.
- Ensure team members follow all QS/ISO requirements for working in a cleanroom.
- Ensure all product and processes meet quality standards as defined by the quality control plan as well as production metrics as defined in the job packet.
- Assist with coordination of manufacturing operations by reviewing order expectations to fulfillment and schedules to establish priorities.
- Promote and support idea creation for new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and facilitate greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Assist in the management and facilitation of the growth and development process of each team member and the collaboration between them.
- Back up Supervisor in their absence in all areas as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum 2 or more years of recent experience in manufacturing.
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety material, manuals and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Supervisors, leads and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including in units of measurement, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues.
- 3 or more years of recent experience in assembly and/or press operation in plastic injection mold manufacturing.
- 1 or more years of recent experience in a leadership role.
- Working knowledge of existing ERP system.
- Previous cleanroom experience within an ISO certified manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities.
Physical/Mental Parameters & Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing or sitting for long periods of time based on assigned job.
- Frequent visual inspection which may include use of a microscope and may require the ability to decipher between two or more colors on a part.
- Frequent lifting/carrying or pushing/pulling bins, boxes or bags of parts up to 40lbs unassisted daily (most will be between 5-20lbs). Anything above this requires assistance of another individual or other equipment such as a forklift.
- Frequent repetitive, but light grasping/gripping, torqueing or outstretched arms.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used. Occasional exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Shift: 3rd Shift - 10:00pm to 6:30am Sunday through Thursday
Compensation: $20.00 to $25.00/hr depending on experience and qualifications + shift differential.
Additional Information: This position may require training on a different shift such as 1st (6am to 2:30pm M-F OR 2pm to 10:30pm M-F).
Job Type: Full-time