Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the engineering teams in the planning, development and launch of new programs/projects to make them more efficient from an environmental and sustainability standpoint.
- Develop protocols, support the validation process, ensure complete and accurate documentation in all applicable areas and facilitate the implementation of continuous improvement activities to ensure their complete and efficient transfer into manufacturing. This includes providing training and assistance in all aspects of sustainability.
- Evaluate, recommend, and develop improved techniques for product designs, quality, reliability, manufacturability and safety utilizing the concept of Operational Excellence.
- Interact with customers on various level to ensure products meet customer requirements and needs while still conforming to developed sustainability standards for that product. This includes resolving customer complaints.
- Monitor supplier quality and managing non-conformance's, as assigned and implement internal/external corrective/preventative action where applicable.
- Develop, implement and perform scientific process techniques, to determine product/process acceptability including both manufacturing and development.
- Perform data collection and analysis of sustainability metrics to provide recommendations for facility and technology improvements with a goal of cost reduction.
- Responsible in the implementation of statistical process controls (SPC).
- Serve as an internal auditor for the facility sustainability measures.
Required Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience as an Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer in a manufacturing environment or 3 to 5 years of experience in an engineering role within the plastic injection molding industry.
- Must have a background in Processing within an injection molding environment.
- Working knowledge of robotics & automation and how to apply that knowledge in reference to sustainable manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Intermediate proficiency of various MS Office products.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks or other current engineering software as applicable.
- Working knowledge of current ERP software preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or Biomedical Engineering.
- 5 or more years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer with a focus on sustainability within the plastic injection molding industry.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk the production floor end to end.
- Must be able to work in a high-traffic environment with noise from the operation of Machines.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs as needed.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge
- Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer