Join the Advanced Family as a Shipping and Receiving Clerk!
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
Hours: Monday through Friday 6:30am to 3:00pm (can be flexible)
Perks & Benefits:
- Growth Opportunities – Prefer to Promote from Within
- Stability & Resources to be Effective
- Awesome Team Culture
- New Challenges Every Day
- Medical, Dental, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (employer paid)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (employer paid)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much more!
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years of recent experience in a shipping and receiving position requiring forklift operation preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or plastic injection molding environment strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IQMS preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write and interpret a variety of documents including work instructions, policies, emails and other documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively one-on-one or in group settings.
- Ability to use independent judgement appropriately and solve practical problems.
- Work with mangers, leads and other shipping employees to coordinate the movement of products, materials or other goods between the warehouse and production floor as well as planning assignments and schedules ahead of time to meet anticipated production and delivery schedules.
- Maintain regular contact with carries to coordinate inbound and outbound shipments according to QMS procedures and ensure all documents and records required for shipments are prepared in a timely manner, are accurate and stored appropriately to ensure compliance with QS/ISO documentation and record keeping requirements and to facilitate easy tracking and tracing.
- Monitor production schedule throughout shift to ensure all products meet on-time delivery goals.
- Maintain inventory of various items in the warehouse and on the production floor, both which may have a set reorder schedule and those which are not automatically controlled within our ERP system and ensuring all movement of materials on a FIFO (First in First Out) basis.
- Perform cycle counts and verification of expired materials according to schedule.
- Load and unload goods from trucks as needed and perform transport by means of company vehicle, forklift, hoist or two wheelers using banding equipment to secure pallets when appropriate,
- Operator power tools such as saw or hand drills to construct shipping containers when required.
- Support and promote our safety program by maintaining a clean and tidy working area, preventing accidents and reporting safety hazards and violations immediately.
- Correspond daily with internal and external communications using a variety of modes including email, phone and face to face.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50lbs, anything over 50lbs requires the help of an additional person or appropriate equipment.
- Ladders or lift carts are required to be used at all times when removing items from the second shift or higher.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in environments that can become loud and any given time.
- Must be able to work in both hot and cold conditions.
What we look for:
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge