Join the Advanced Family as a Set Up Technician!
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
Perks & Benefits:
- Growth Opportunities – Prefer to Promote from Within
- Flexible Hours
- Stability & Resources to be Effective
- Awesome Team Culture
- New Challenges Every Day
- Medical, Dental, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (employer paid)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (employer paid)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much more!
- 3 years experience as a Set-Up / Mold Technician with an injection molder required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Plastic Injection Mold Certification or Diploma preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of plastic resins, mold set-up and functions of an injection molding press is required.
- Knowledge of processing on injection molding machines.
- Knowledge of statistical process controls is preferred.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to write routing reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract and divide in all unit of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Minimum 3 years of experience required in manufacturing or process position in plastic injection molding.
- Working knowledge of current ERP software
- Locates, safely transports, and stores the injection mold in accordance with established guidelines and procedure.
- Installs and removes injection molds from assigned presses.
- Set-up and prepares auxiliary/ secondary support equipment as required at the press.
- Follows proper set-up/cycle sheets, set-up checks and floor operation procedures.
- Maintains part quality on presses.
- Monitors presses and performs checks that alarms are set on injection molding machines.
- Monitors process control by checking cycle is running according to Master Cycle.
- Cleans mold for the presses and the required time frames.
- Verify documents are correctly filled out prior to set-up sign-off.
- Takes shots of parts and visually checks them for defects before submitting to Quality.
- Documents set-up work orders and assignments.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes while conducting mold set-up.
- Maintains and promotes a safe and clean working environment.
- Use and maintain required PPE (Personnel Protective Equipment) when required for job.
- Get startups going as soon as "Problem presses running take priority." Make sure startups are running right before submitting parts so you do not have to keep going back to it.
- Make hourly checks of products Check for lost cavities or any other problems, this should help eliminate unnecessary down time. If there is a problem with a press let the Processing Specialists know and problem-solve together.
- Keep areas of responsibility clean and organized throughout shift not just at the end of the shift.
- Maintain a minimum of 85% direct time billed to jobs without going over standard required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold conditions.
- Must stay awake and alert for duration of shift.
- Ladders or lift cart must be used at all times when removing any items from a second shelf.
- No lifting over shoulders is allowed. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Any items over 50 pounds you must use some form of assistance (forklift, other individuals, etc.).
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge
Available Shifts (Please specify your shift preference in the cover letter section when you submit your application):
- 1st Shift - 6:30am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday
- 4th Shift - 6:00am to 6:30pm Friday through Sunday