Join the Advanced Family as a Sr. Tool Maker!
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
Perks & Benefits:
- Growth Opportunities – Prefer to Promote from Within
- Flexible Hours
- Stability & Resources to be Effective
- Awesome Team Culture
- New Challenges Every Day
- Medical, Dental, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (employer paid)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (employer paid)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much more!
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 to 8 years of equivalent work experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret and make decisions from mechanical drawings/CAD/CAD Key, Solid Works etc.
- Ability to advise engineering with the "best practice" mold designs as applied to various programs.
- Ability to root cause and correct mold related defects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with precision measuring instruments including (but not limited to) calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, height gauges, etc.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to negotiate with outside contractors and vendors.
- Ability to recognize the need to shift priorities and adjust appropriately.
- Experience in setting and managing preventative maintenance schemes.
- Experience with ISO, QS/TS and 6 Sigma preferred.
- Proficient in Word and Excel preferred.
- Work and contributes to a team environment.
- Working knowledge of current ERP software preferred.
- Provide tool related technical support to Production, Engineering, Maintenance and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Coordinate, schedule, execute and document the repairs, cleanings and maintenance of tools and tool related equipment.
- Maintain a minimum of two days of molds prepped and ready to run at all times.
- TWO's to be evaluated for which ones can be completed at AMT and which ones need to be outsources due to equipment and/or time and to maintain production support.
- Apply a continuous improvement philosophy to all tool room related activities.
- Accurately record and manage usage of consumable tool related arts and miscellaneous items.
- Complete daily time card accurately. Correct jobs written on time card including letter character and dashes, current time within 1 minute recorded on time card, and overall job time recorded correctly.
- Ensure proper use, calibration and maintenance of all tool room tools and precision measuring equipment.
- Ensure the safety of individuals while located in and/or using the tool room and/or tool room equipment - making sire that all guards are being used on all equipment.
- See that high standards are adhered to for housekeeping, safety, general maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Work directly with customers as requested to represent that company in a professional and appealing manner.
- Maintain and enforce ISO 9000 and ISO 13485 quality standards.
- Participate in the budgeting process as requested.
- Follow written instructions flawlessly, especially when performing tool cleanings and which chemicals you can use for cleaning.
- Work as a team in the tool room and with other individuals in different roles.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Must be able to carry 20lbs over head.
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge