Responsible for first-level supervision of Quality Lab team operations and personnel associated with metrology and inspection. This includes ensuring schedules are met, organizing assigned work, supervising and assisting the quality lab team in daily work performance, as well as anticipating and resolving operational and personnel issues within the Quality Lab. May also provide input on product design and review as it relates to quality, reliability and inspection processes as needed.
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe, clean and organized working environment.
- Support the QMS system by ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through proper documentation and record keeping.
- Ensure team members follow all QS/ISO requirements for working in a cleanroom.
- Ensure all product and processes meet quality standards as defined by the quality control plan as well as established inspection metrics.
- Actively participate in problem resolution for quality-related issues when they arise and engage appropriate support staff as needed.
- Promote and support idea creation for new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and facilitate greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Participate in the maintenance of key supplier relationships related to the quality lab (e.g., purchased components, equipment and other relevant outside services/resources).
- Manage the coordination of quality lab operations by reviewing order expectations to fulfillment and schedules to establish priorities.
- Collaborate with engineers and metrology to stay up to date with, and continually assess our skill and technology level in regards to in-house equipment and new technologies available.
- Ensure quality equipment is properly maintained, receiving required preventative maintenance and remains calibrated.
- Manage and continually evolve the quality team organizational structure and resources.
- Promote and adhere to workplace core values of Advanced Molding Technologies.
- Actively manage and facilitate the growth and development process of each quality lab team member and the collaboration between them.
- Develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for the quality lab team.
- Back up quality lab team by providing support and assistance with daily work as needed.
- Back up Supervisor in their absence in all areas as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- Two-year Technical or Associate degree or certification in a Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering-related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum 3 or more years of recent experience in an ISO certified manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Proficient in the use of measurement tools (Calipers, Micrometers, Gage Pins, and CMM equipment).
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety material, manuals and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, leads and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including in units of measurement, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues.
- 3 to 5 years of recent experience in a quality inspection, quality supervision, metrology, engineering technician or manufacturing or development data analysis role within an ISO certified manufacturing facility (specifically medical device and/or injection molding).
- Currently have or seeking to obtain ASQ Quality Improvement Associate Certification or higher.
- 2 or more years of recent experience in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Advanced understanding of GD&T specification.
- Working knowledge of existing ERP system.
Physical/Mental Parameters & Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing or sitting for long periods of time based on assigned job.
- Frequent movement throughout the facility and occasional movement between buildings.
- Frequent visual inspection which may include use of a microscope and may require the ability to decipher between two or more colors on a part.
- Frequent use of measurement tools (Calipers, Micrometers, Gage Pins, and CMM equipment).
- Frequent lifting/carrying or pushing/pulling bins, boxes or bags of parts up to 40lbs unassisted daily (most will be between 5-20lbs). Anything above this requires assistance of another individual or other equipment such as a forklift.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used.
- Occasional exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Schedule: Monday through Friday during standard business hours (actual hours may vary). Flexibility is required as the quality lab team operates across five (5) shifts due to AMT being a 24/7 manufacturing facility. May need to be available by phone, email or in person in the evenings and on weekends as needed.