Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration .
Position Summary: Performs routine testing on quality of in-process or finished goods according to company standards, customer specifications, and any applicable regulatory standards. Collects samples and performs assigned inspection tasks using various types of equipment. Ensures documentation is complete and accurate. May also inspect production machines and work areas, and perform packaging sampling or testing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect the quality of parts as directed by process and quality procedures.
- Produce SPC product data and reports as directed by the Quality Lab Supervisor.
- Review all paperwork for accuracy and take appropriate action when corrections are needed.
- Perform and document receiving, in-process, assembly, final and F.A.I.R.'s inspections per specified requirements.
- Use appropriate inspection equipment as defined on documentation.
- Initiate Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's) for any product or process not conformation to associated paperwork.
- Ensure inspection equipment is in good working order and calibrated, and report issues.
- Understand and follow ISO Quality Management System procedures and forms.
- Provide effective quality technical support to Production and Assembly operations.
- Effectively communicate with engineers, technicians, supervisors and floor personnel to resolve day-to-day issues, achieve goals and promote quality principles.
Qualifications (Education, Skills, Experience):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of recent direct quality inspection experience in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to work independently, organize, multitask and interpret priorities
- Good mechanical aptitude with working knowledge of quality tool use (CMM, Scope, Calipers, etc)
- Strong basic math and statistical skills
- Ability to communicate and/or explain statistical data effectively is a must
- Intermediate Word & Excel user
- Working knowledge of general ERP systems.
- 1-2 years recent experience in a quality inspection role in an injection molding, medical device, and/or ISO Certified environment.
- ASQ Certification or additional Quality Inspection Certification.
- Must be able to life and carry 20lbs.
- Must be able to walk the floor approximately once per hour.
- Bending over and/or reaching about head may be required while examining inventory.
- Must stay awake for the duration of shift.
- Finger and wrist dexterity.
- 2nd Shift: Monday-Friday 2 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.