Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration
Responsible for providing analytical support to the Quality Engineers and/or Manager such as troubleshooting testing problems, writing and auditing or maintaining quality procedure, training production personnel in aspects of the quality program and/or working with suppliers or customers on quality issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining and safe, clean and organized working environment.
- Support the QMS by ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through proper documentation and record keeping.
- Ensure all products and processes meet quality standards as defined by the quality control plan as well as established quality metrics.
- Actively participate in problem resolution for quality-related issues when they arise and engage appropriate support staff as needed.
- Promote and support idea creation for new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and facilitate greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Promote and adhere to workplace core values of Advanced Molding Technologies.
- Provide technical support to engineers on the planning, development and launch of new projects, and analysis related to manufacturing.
- Assist in the development of product documents such as quality inspection control plans, production inspection training guides and equipment training guides.
- Coordinate the completion of metrology and inspection work, including first article inspection reports, capability studies, DOEs, and Gage R&R studies.
- Create controlled procedures and train appropriate staff members on those controlled procedures.
- I Implement internal and external corrective/preventive actions.
- Manage operating program inputs related to project planning, logistics, operations management, and financial performance as needed with guidance from engineers.
- Monitor supplier quality and coordinate the disposition, containment to, and release from the nonconforming material handling system.
- Resolve CAPA activities directly or in coordination with engineers.
- Coordinate with outside vendors on calibration on all equipment and ensure all calibration records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure implementation of statistical process controls (SPC) where applicable.
- Develop, implement and perform scientific sampling techniques to determine product/process acceptability of incoming, in-process and finished products.
- Serve as an internal auditor for the facility quality systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant technical experience in an ISO certified manufacturing environment or 1 to 2 years of technical experience within the injection molding industry.
- 1 to 2 years of experience working within an ISO certified manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with managers, engineer and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety materials and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Working knowledge of statistics, mathematics, calculus and advanced graph/infographic layouts.
- Working knowledge of Minitab or similar statistical data analysis and reporting application.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Working knowledge of general ERP functionality.
- Two-year Technical or Associates Degree (engineering or a related scientific or technical field preferred).
- Completion of a quality certification program
- 2 to 4 years of experience as an engineering technician, quality inspector, or metrologist.
- Working knowledge of automated measurement equipment including touch/scanning probes, programmable optical equipment, and measurement uncertainty.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and other current engineering software programs.
- Working knowledge of 6S and Operational Excellence.
- Working knowledge of statistics process control (SPC).
- Frequent standing or sitting for ling period of time.
- Frequent use of a computer, keyboard and phone.
- Frequent movement throughout the facility and occasional movement between buildings.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents and reports.
- Occasional exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional lifting of up to 20lbs as needed.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used.
- Rare exposure to hot and cold working conditions.