Join the team at Advanced Molding Technologies as a Project Engineer!
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for coordinating the planning, organization, control and completion of specific engineering projects. You will also be responsible for fostering customer relationships, delivering quality equipment and manufacturing process to our production team, controlling project budget and preparing project reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the quoting process for existing key accounts. This includes customer/supplier communication for materials, components, tooling, equipment, etc.
- Participate is DFM and DFR sessions for potential programs with customers.
- Coordinate the requirements review, planning development, resource requirements, and launch of new projects.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the customer, sales, quality and production.
- Develop communication and planning tools as needed for project (i.e. status reports, timelines, capacity analysis, process flowcharts, etc).
- Provide on-going project communication via various modes (conference calls, WebEx sessions, meetings, etc).
- Manage the project costs relative to quoted costs.
- Manage the project scope and quotes as required (i.e. tool revisions, measurement/qualification, samples).
- Assist in the problem solving process for programs in the development and production phases through collaboration with peers.
- Assist in the training of peers to drive operational excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Plastics Engineering, other relevant area of engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 4 years of recent experience in a Project Engineering role in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in plastic mold injection preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and 6S preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Solidworks, Moldflow and statistical quality software programs preferred.
- Working knowledge of IQMS preferred.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk the production floor end to end.
- Must be able to work in a high-traffic environment with noise from the operation of Machines.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs as needed.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge
- Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer