Join the Advanced Family as a Project Engineer!
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
Perks & Benefits:
- Growth Opportunities – Prefer to Promote from Within
- Flexible Hours
- Stability & Resources to be Effective
- Awesome Team Culture
- New Challenges Every Day
- Medical, Dental, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (employer paid)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (employer paid)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much more!
- Minimum 3 years of broad technical experience, of which at least two years involve product management or product engineering in tooling/injection molding preferred (5-8 years experience for Senior Level).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Plastics, Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, etc strongly preferred), in a technical/manufacturing discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Additional training or certification in project management or 1-2 years related experience preferred.
- Possess the ability to maintain strong customer relationships and display the follow in the appropriate situations: compassion, empathy, unselfishness, authenticity, listening skills, sense of humor, outward focus, long-term perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills with the ability to maintain strong customer relationships regulations and to write effective and accurate reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to recognize potential issues and propose ideas to prevent and/or mitigate these issues.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and technical documents.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Solid Works, Moldflow, statistical quality software programs or other current engineering software.
- Facilitates the quoting process for existing key accounts (assigned to the individual); including customer/supplier communication for materials, components, tooling, equipment, etc.
- Participates in design for manufacturing/design for reliability, and for potential programs with customers.
- Coordinates the requirements review, planning development, resource requirements, and launch of new projects.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the customer, sales, quality and production.
- Creates communication and planning tools as needed for the projects (e.g. status reports, timelines, capacity analysis, process flowcharts, etc.)
- Provides on-going project communications (e.g., calls, WebEx sessions, meetings, etc.)
- Manages the project costs relative to quoted costs.
- Manages project scope changes and develop quotes as required (e.g., tool revisions, measurement/qualification, samples, etc.)
- Assists with the problem-solving process for programs in the development and production phases through collaboration with peers.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Must be able to carry 20lbs over head.
- Finger and wrist dexterity with repetitive motion.
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge