Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and drive the daily communication and examples of our core values.
- Review production orders or schedules to obtain product data such as type, quantity, specifications and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences based on the weekly production schedule provided.
- Plans, develops and implements new methods and procedures to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Studies production schedule to estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments and works with Shift Lead to determine temporary labor and training needs when applicable.
- Review production reports and work with engineers and managers to resolve operational, manufacturing, tooling and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Assist in the inspect parts for visual defects such as shorts, flash, contamination, etc.
- Drive S.Q.D.C. across the facility.
- Maintain production methods.
- Complete daily required paperwork.
- Assist in Quality Management System (QMS) maintenance with proper documentation and accurate record keeping.
- Direct training and indoctrination of new and current employees to assist in improving work performance with a focus your team's personal growth and development.
- Promote and be a front-leader of 6S and operational excellence with a safety focus.
- Complete daily press audits, verify T-Cards and Process Level Boards.
- Ensure technicians are utilizing set-up times, completing proper line clearance and completing the set up of full work stations following all work instructions.
- Hold daily production meetings within shift to pass on production updates/issues on the production floor.
- Complete other duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or other related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of recent experience as a supervisor or manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in plastic mold injection preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and 6S preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate Proficiency of MS Office 365 products.
- Working knowledge of IQMS preferred.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk the production floor end to end.
- Must be able to work in a high-traffic environment with noise from the operation of Machines.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs as needed.
- 1st shift is Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 3:00pm.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge
- Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer