Join the team at Advanced Molding Technologies as a Process Technician!
As a Process Technician, you are responsible for the set-up and tear down of injection molds, as well as creating processes for products and all other related duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locates, safely transports, and stores the injection mold in accordance with established guidelines and procedure.
- Installs and removes injection molds as required.
- Set-up and prepares auxiliary/ secondary support equipment as required at the press.
- Follows proper set-up/cycle sheets, set-up checks and floor operation procedures.
- Maintains part quality on presses and secondary equipment.
- Performs T-Card responsibility at all work centers.
- Functions well in a team environment
- Verify documents are correctly filled out prior to set-up sign-off.
- Takes shots of parts and visually checks them for defects.
- Documents set-up work orders and assignments.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes while conducting mold set-up.
- Maintains and promotes 6S Lean Manufacturing in regards to safety and work environment.
- Conforms to daily schedule planner via planner and shift supervisor.
- Make hourly check of presses running in assigned area. Verify efficiency, quality, safety and communicate and issue to the proper personnel.
- Perform processing per set requirements.
- Make recommendations and work closely with Engineering Department.
- Use good molding practices.
- Fill out all required paperwork and maintain process control.
- Maintain all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) that is required for the job.
- Complete any duty or take in the time frame that is required for the Work Order (IQMS) so Closed Order Variance Reports show favorable number.
- Keep areas of responsibility clean and organized via 6S standards throughout the duration of shift.
- Complete any duty or task assigned by the shift supervisor.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Plastics Engineering Technology Diploma acquired or in progress preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in process position in plastic injection molding.
- Thorough knowledge of plastic resins, mold set-up and functions of an injection molding press is required.
- Knowledge of scientific molding and ability to apply it.
- Knowledge of statistical process controls.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals and blue prints.
- Ability to write routing reports and correspondence.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to add, subtract and divide in all unit of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of current ERP software preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long period of time.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Items above 50 pounds require assistance from other individuals or equipment (forklift, etc.)
- Ladders or lift carts must be used at all times when removing items from second shelf or higher.
- Processing Specialist
- AM Weekend (4th Shift) - Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6:00am to 6:30pm.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge
- Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer