Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
Monitors and troubleshoots processing problems; preventative maintenance tasks; documentation of process changes. Operate production machines and auxiliary equipment in the production department; setup production machines for production runs as needed; prepares equipment for shutdown at end of shift or when necessary ensuring that heats and auxiliary equipment are properly adjusted.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and adhere to workplace core values of Advanced Molding Technologies.
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Support the QMS system by ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through proper documentation and record keeping.
- Ensure all product and processes meet quality standards as defined by the quality control plan as well as production metrics as defined in the job packet.
- Ensure team members follow all QS/ISO requirements for working in a cleanroom.
- Review work instructions prior to the start of any job and ensure they are followed.
- Inspect product for defects per the quality control plan.
- Notify appropriate support staff as needed when issues arise.
- Locates, safely transports, and stores the injection mold in accordance with established guidelines and procedure.
- Promote and support idea creation for new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and facilitate greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ recent experience with set-ups and processing on injection molding machines.
- Working knowledge of plastic resins, mold set-up and functions of an injection molding press.
- Working knowledge of SPC and processing on injection molding machines.
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety material, manuals and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Supervisors, leads and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including in units of measurement, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- 3 to 5 years’ recent experience with processing on injection molding machines.
- Experience with sampling.
- Completion of an accredited injection molding certification program.
- Working knowledge of existing ERP system.
- Previous clean room experience within and ISO certified manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities.
- Frequent use of forklifts and overhead cranes to conduct mold set-up.
- Frequent lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling up to 50lbs unassisted. Anything above 50lbs requires the assistants of another individual or other equipment such as a forklift.
- Frequent repetitive grasping, torqueing or outstretched arms.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used.
- Occasional exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Schedule: Sunday through Thursday from 10:00pm to 6:30am.
Compensation: Dependent on qualifications and experience + shift differential. Hourly.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.