- Run a manual press with pick-outs or loaded inserts and keep a constant cycle time.
- Identify imperfections on finished product, including but not limited to flow lines, embedded material, cracks, splay, etc.
- Use appropriate tools to trim parts and visually inspect parts using a microscope according to specified control plans as needed.
- Read and interpret Control Plans and properly use Tappi Charts.
- Maintain a 93% direct utilization when running automatic presses.
- Follow work instructions as posted at the injection-molding machine.
- Package product in accordance with work instructions, and work orders.
- Visually or dimensionally inspects parts as prescribed by the quality standards.
- Notifies the shift supervisor, shift lead or process technician of any visual problems with the parts or any injection press issues.
- Verify and documents production process information as directed.
- Verify and ensure box labels, box quantities vs. work order information is accurate.
- Follow all QS/ISO requirements for working in a cleanroom.
- Maintains and promotes a safe and clean working environment.
- Meet required rates and parts per hours for job assigned to.
- Use and maintain required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) that is needed for jobs.
- Complete any duty or task assigned by the Supervisor or Lead Operator.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience as an operator or assembler in manufacturing (medical device preferred).
- Previous experience with injection molding preferred.
- Experience in trimming, visual inspections, microscope, and ability to run complex part processes.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to work with accurate manual dexterity required.
- Working knowledge of IQMS preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, must be able to work in hot or cold conditions, must bend over, stay awake and alert for duration of shift.
- Must have finger and wrist dexterity with repetitive motion.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Any items above 50lbs require assistance.
- 3rd Shift: Sunday through Thursday from 10:30pm to 7:00am
- Shift Lead
- Set-Up Technician
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge
Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer