Join the Advanced Family as an Operations Manager!
Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
Perks & Benefits:
- Growth Opportunities – Prefer to Promote from Within
- Stability & Resources to be Effective
- Awesome Team Culture
- New Challenges Every Day
- Medical, Dental, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (employer paid)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (employer paid)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much more!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write effective and accurate reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference as necessary.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Minimum 10 years of experience required in manufacturing of plastic injection molding.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory / management experience.
- Experience with ISO, QS/TS and 6 Sigma preferred.
- Proficient in Word and Excel preferred.
- Working knowledge of IQMS (MRP) software and PowerPoint preferred.
- Supervise shop floor employees for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints resolving problems.
- Manage the shop scheduling to enable a smooth and profitable workflow in the production area. Also coordinate and attend regular scheduling meetings with ownership. Monitor the daily production output and reject rates.
- Guide and assist in solving manufacturing problems on all “jobs”. Proactively prescribe process/procedure/equipment changes to improve shop flow and profitability on an on-going basis. Work on systems, staffing, and equipment needs directly with the vice president of operations.
- Supervise Manufacturing Engineers to drive continuous improvement on the shop floor.
- Supervise Maintenance department.
- Work with the Toolroom Manager to help oversee tool room operations and staff.
- See that high standards are adhered to for housekeeping and maintain a safe work environment.
- Work directly with customers on a regular basis to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Maintain and enforce all ISO quality standards and any other regulated requirements that Advanced maintains.
- Track and control manufacturing costs through closed order analysis and constant improvements to the job costing system.
- Participate in the budgeting process with the finance team and maintain the budgets.
What we look for:
- Signed On: Committed to improving the company, our customers’ products, and the environment we live in
- Careful and critical thinkers that demonstrate common sense
- Respectful, honest and fair as a way of being
- Team players, friendly, open-minded, adaptable and play well together
- Inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to learn
- Willing to teach and share knowledge