Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
Performs warehouse work involving the moving/handling or raw materials or product throughout the facilities to supply productions operations, store materials in designated areas or support shipment of products.
Schedule: 5th shift (Weekend Overnights) - Friday, Saturday, Sunday form 6:00pm to 6:30am.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Perform safe operation of all material moving/handling equipment including 2-wheeler, lift truck, pallet jack or motorized forklift.
- Support the QMS system by ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through proper documentation and record keeping.
- Follow all QS/ISO requirements for working in a cleanroom.
- Monitor schedule in ERP system throughout shift in order to meet on-time delivery goals.
- Promote, support and participate in idea creation for new policies and procedure designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and facilitate greater utilization or labor and resources.
- Promote and adhere to workplace core values of Advanced Molding Technologies.
- Review work orders and work instructions prior to the start of any job to ensure hoppers are filled with proper materials, including blended materials and all customer-related documentation procedures are followed.
- Set-up, clean and empty material grinders, dryers and any other associated equipment.
- Track and control raw materials and supplies using various methods including completion of cycle counts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-2 years or relevant experience in manufacturing.
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety material, manuals and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Supervisors, leads and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including in units of measurement, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues.
- 1 or more years of recent experience in a material handling position in plastic injection mold manufacturing.
- Previous experience in medical device manufacturing.
- Previous forklift operation experience.
- Working knowledge of IQMS.
- Previous experience within an ISO certified manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities.
Physical/Mental Parameters & Working Conditions:
- Frequent movement throughout the production floor throughout duration of shift.
- Frequent operation of material moving/handling equipment such as 2-wheeler, lift truck, pallet jack or motorized forklift.
- Frequent lifting/carrying or pushing/pulling, materials or product up to 80 lbs. Anything above 50lbs requires assistance of another individual or other equipment such as a forklift.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used.
- Occasional exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.