Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration
This position handles the raw materials needed for the operation of the injection-molding machine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or hoppers to be filled.
- Counts, weighs and records materials on Work Order (IQMS).
- Monitor IQMS schedule throughout the shift for all molding products to meet 100% On-Time Delivery Goal.
- Follows proper material set-up checks and floor operation procedures.
- Verifies documents are correctly filled out prior to set-up sign-off.
- Verifies that the central loading system is properly set and is operating properly.
- Verifies that each production job has the correct material blend and all hoppers or loading barrels are filled prior to end of shift.
- Set-ups, cleans and empties material grinders.
- Operates forklifts while conducting material set-up.
- To complete blended materials and moved into a location.
- Transport materials or stock between buildings
- Track and control raw materials and supplies, including completing weekly cycle counts.
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum 0-3 years or relevant experience in manufacturing.
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety material, manuals and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Supervisors, leads and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including in units of measurement, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues.
- 1 or more years of recent experience in a Material Handler position in plastic injection mold manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of IQMS.
- Previous experience within an ISO certified manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities.
Physical/Mental Parameters & Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing or sitting for long periods of time based on assigned job.
- Frequent lifting/carrying or pushing/pulling bins, boxes or bags of parts up to 50lbs unassisted. Anything above this requires assistance of another individual or other equipment such as a forklift.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used.
- Occasional exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Shift: 3rd Shift - 10:00pm to 6:30am Sunday through Thursday
Compensation: $16.50 to $20.00/hr depending on experience and qualifications + shift differential.
Additional Information: This position may require training on a different shift such as 1st (6am to 2:30pm M-F OR 2pm to 10:30pm M-F).