Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration
This position operates injection molding equipment to force heated plastic into pre-made molds to form plastic parts, which may range from simple to very complex.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor press operation and the quality of parts produced while working inside and outside of a clean room.
- Meet required rates and parts per hour for job assigned to.
- Inspect products for defects per the quality control plan.
- Notify appropriate support staff as needed when issues arise.
- Review work instructions prior to the start of any job and ensure they are followed.
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Follow all QS/ISO requirement for working in a clean room.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum 0-3 years or relevant experience in manufacturing.
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety material, manuals and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Supervisors, leads and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including in units of measurement, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues.
- 1 or more years of recent experience in assembly and/or press operation in plastic injection mold manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of IQMS.
- Previous clean room experience within an ISO certified manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities.
Physical/Mental Parameters & Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing or sitting for long periods of time based on assigned job.
- Frequent visual inspection which may include use of a microscope and may require the ability to decipher between two or more colors on a part.
- Frequent lifting/carrying or pushing/pulling bins, boxes or bags of parts up to 40lbs unassisted daily (most will be between 5-20lbs). Anything above this requires assistance of another individual or other equipment such as a forklift.
- Frequent repetitive, but light grasping/gripping, torquing or outstretched arms.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used.
- Occasional exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Shift: 3rd Shift - 10:00pm to 6:30am Sunday through Thursday
Compensation: $14.00 to $18.00/hr depending on experience and qualifications + shift differential.
Additional Information: This position may require training on a different shift such as 1st (6am to 2:30pm M-F OR 2pm to 10:30pm M-F).
***$500 sign-on bonus payable after 90 days of employment. Sign-on bonus is subject to meeting all performance requirements as defined, including attendance. ***
Job Type: Full-time