Performs a variety of types of preventative, routine and non-routine maintenance and repairs of injection molding machines, automation or auxiliary equipment, building systems and general facilities, including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, yard and parking lot maintenance, boiler repair and maintenance. Directs and coordinates activities of the team members and outside contractors associated with the corrective and preventive maintenance of all equipment, facility, vehicles and grounds. Lead, mentor and provide trainings to other maintenance team members as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and adhere to workplace core values of Advanced Molding Technologies.
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Support the QMS system by ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through proper documentation and record keeping.
- Follow all QS/ISO requirements for working in a cleanroom.
- Promote and support idea creation for new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and facilitate greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Participate in strategic business planning and budgeting process by developing and providing justification for maintenance department budget.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, repair and maintain injections molding machines, auxiliary equipment, PLC and HMI equipment and programming, building systems and general facilities.
- Review work orders to establish priorities, coordinate daily activities of maintenance team and schedule repairs and preventative maintenance accordingly to prevent unplanned downtime.
- Assist in equipment and automation integration as well as in selection and installation.
- Develop, implement and manage an internal environmental safety program.
- Participate in internal and external audits related OSHA compliance.
- Act as main point of contact for managing key supplier and outside service relationships related to maintenance.
- Monitor and track spare parts inventory for equipment and general facilities, collaborate with purchasing to obtain ASL status and parts as needed.
- Collaborate with automation, operations and engineering to stay up to date with, and continually assess our skill and technology level in regards to in-house equipment and new technologies available.
- Actively facilitate the growth and development process of each maintenance department team member and the collaboration between them.
- Development and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for the maintenance team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- 5 to 7 years recent experience in a maintenance technician role within a plastic injection mold manufacturing facility involving general facilities, mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Two-year technical or associates degree related to electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or engineering technology with a concentration in automation/robotics systems OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of automation, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC and HMI systems, equipment and building infrastructure involving monitoring, trouble shooting and repair.
- Basic understanding of logic/code.
- Advanced working application of root-cause analysis.
- Recent experience in a maintenance-related leadership role within an injection mold manufacturing facility demonstrating mentorship and training capabilities.
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety material, blue prints, manual and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, engineers and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and divisions in all units of measure, using whole and numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues.
- Working knowledge of IQMS preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Frequent use of forklifts, overhead cranes/hoists, ladders, and other general motorized and stationary equipment to perform maintenance-related tasks.
- Frequent use of hand tools and motorized power tools.
- Frequent lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling up to 50lbs unassisted. Anything above 50lbs requires the assistants of another individual or other equipment such as a forklift.
- Frequent performance of maintenance-related task while elevated off ground.
- Frequent repetitive grasping, torquing or outstretched arms.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used.
- Occasional exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Hours: Standard hours are Monday through Friday, 8-hour shifts, 40 hours per week. Start time can be between 6:00am and 8:00am and end time between 2:30pm and 5:30pm. A general schedule will be determined between selected candidate and Operations Manager.
May require some on-call and OT hours as needed. Ideal candidate must be able to be available by phone and/or email in evenings and on weekends on occasions for urgent issues/emergencies as we operate a 24/7 manufacturing facility.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer