Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration
- This position operates injection molding equipment to force heated plastic into pre-made molds to form plastic parts, which may range from simple to very complex.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor press operation and the quality of parts produced while working inside and outside of a clean room.
- Run manual press with pick-outs or loaded inserts while maintaining a constant cycle time.
- Run automatic press while with a goal of maintaining 93% direct utilization.
- Meet required rates and parts per hour for job assigned to.
- Identify imperfections on finished product, including but not limited to flow lines, imbedded material, cracks, splays, etc.
- Perform visual and/or dimensional inspection on parts as defined by quality standards which may require use of a microscope.
- Collaborate with Quality Inspectors, Technicians, Leads and/or Supervisors by notifying when parts quality is unsatisfactory or unusual operating conditions exist, and identify a solution.
- Use required tools to trim flash on parts as needed.
- Review work instructions prior to the start of any job and ensure they are followed. This may include specified use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for a particular job and/or verifying or documenting parts production processes.
- Package good product in accordance with work instructions and/or work orders and ensure that box labels and quantities match the work order. This may require movement of boxes, bin, bags or individual parts.
- Promote Operational Excellence and 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- May assist in Assembly as needed performing packaging, light assembly, sorting, labeling or other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years or relevant experience in manufacturing.
- Must be able to read and interpret control plans, work instructions, work orders, safety material, manuals and all other documents relevant to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Supervisors, leads and other coworkers both verbally and written.
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including in units of measurement, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- General working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Ability to push/pull, lift and/or carry up to 40bs without assistance.
- 1-3 years of recent experience in assembly and/or press operation in plastic injection mold manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of IQMS.
- Previous cleanroom experience within an ISO certified manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities.
Physical/Mental Parameters & Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing or sitting for long periods of time based on assigned job.
- Frequent visual inspection which may include use of a microscope and may require the ability to decipher between two or more colors on a part.
- Frequent lifting/carrying or pushing/pulling bins, boxes or bags of parts up to 40lbs unassisted daily (most will be between 5-20lbs). Anything above this requires assistance of another individual or other equipment such as a forklift.
- Frequent repetitive, but light grasping/ripping, torqueing or outstretched arms.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises from manufacturing machines.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors due to the type of plastic material used.
- Occasional exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Hours: 3rd Shift - 10:00pm to 6:30am Sunday through Thursday.