Advanced Molding Technologies is an injection molding-based contract manufacturer located in Circle Pines, Minnesota. Owned and managed by engineers, we specialize in technical applications of fluid path, critical shutoffs, and disciplined manufacturing. We pride ourselves on our approach to problem solving and how we unlock the best ideas through collaboration.
The Human Resources Assistant is an entry-level generalist role and is responsible for performing tasks related to human resources in all functional areas including, but not limited to business management, talent planning and acquisition, learning and development, total rewards and employee and labor relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote Operational Excellence an 6S initiatives by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Support the QMS system by ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through proper documentation and record keeping.
- Promote, support and participate in idea creation for new policies and procedure designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and facilitate greater utilization or labor and resources.
- Assist in the management and facilitation of the growth and development process of each team member and the collaboration between them.
- Promote and adhere to workplace core values of Advanced Molding Technologies.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement on matters of significance directly related to organizational policies and general business operations.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state employment law, labor regulations and governmental reporting requirements.
- Administer human resources programs and policies throughout the organization related to recruitment, onboarding, compensation, benefits, training, safety/environmental and more.
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational policies and programs, managing those programs to which ownership has been assigned.
- Conduct research on new or existing human resources or labor relations programs and manage projects or champion initiatives related to them.
- Perform other duties as assigned (this person will provide temporary coverage of the front desk and may perform administrative duties as needed in collaboration with finance and payroll or other departments).
Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or another related field.
- 0-1 years of experience in human resources (entry-level).
- Basic knowledge of all applicable employment laws at the federal and state level.
- Must be able to read and interpret policies and other documents related to the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, supervisors and team members both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate issues.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent discretion, confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Intermediate level MS Office skills.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- Minor in general Psychology or coursework in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- No more than 1 year of human resources work experience (unless all are internships).
- Experience in the application of federal and state employment laws to various situations.
- Working knowledge of current payroll software and/or other HRIS systems.
- Previous experience in human resources within the manufacturing industry.
- Previous experience in an administrative position.
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and apply solution.
- Demonstrated leadership and training capabilities.
- Bilingual in English and Hmong.
- Frequent movement throughout the facilities for meetings, and to engage with team members.
- Frequent use of a computer and keyboard.
- Frequent reading, writing and interpretation of various documents.
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional exposure to strong orders due to the type of plastic materials used in production.
- Occasional exposure to load noises from manufacturing machines.
Schedule: Monday through Friday during standard business hours (actual hours are flexible). Must be able to be available by phone and email in evenings and on weekends on occasion for urgent issues/emergencies as we operate a 24/7 manufacturing facility.
Compensation: $43,000 to $47,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications.
Career Path: This is an entry-level position and is designed to prepare the candidate who accepts this position for transition into a Generalist role after 2-4 years (timeline will vary based on business outlook, and individua performance).
Recent college graduates or those graduating at the end of the current semester are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are being reviewed though the end of November 2020.
- Interviews will take place in December 2020.
- Anticipated start date will be Q1 of 2021 (ideally prior to January 31st).