This position is responsible for providing direct technical support to the engineering team and works with the estimations, engineering, quality and manufacturing team to assist in the development of new customer programs, as well as the update and improvement of manufacturing processes. May provide training to other production personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate engineering development activities such as DFM, mold design, scientific molding, process development, fabrication and assembly of equipment, testing and inspection of components, and validation of processes.
- Execute and analyze Moldflow simulations for quoting, new project development and continuous improvements.
- Create and interpret complex engineering drawings, diagrams, and schematics, and understand the necessary interfaces.
- Provide analytical support and interpretation of data
- Perform complex system level troubleshooting to component level.
- Directs others in the design and construction of tooling and fixtures to accomplish unique tasks.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiate action.
- Develop and execute test plans, manage schedules, prepare reports, and complete documentation/specifications as required.
- Interact with customers at the project level in support of development activities.
- Support the QMS system and adherence to applicable regulatory requirements.
Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience
- (2) year Associates or Technical degree in an engineering related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a technical role providing assistance to engineering in a manufacturing environment, OR 3 to 5 years of experience in a technical role provided assistance to engineering in an injection molding environment.
- Understanding of injection molding manufacturing, tooling and assembly processes.
- Knowledge of inspection equipment and methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills (verbal, written, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration abilities.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Project.
- Two (2) year Associate or Technical degree in an engineering related field OR currently pursuing and have completed at least 2 years of a Bachelor’s degree in Plastics, Manufacturing or Bio-Medical Engineering.
- 5 to 7 years previous experience as and Engineering Technician or Engineering Technical Assistant in an Injection Molding environment.
- Previous experience in medical device manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Moldflow insight software.
- Working knowledge of current ERP software.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs., must be able to bend over, must be able to reach above head.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have finger and wrist dexterity with repetitive motion.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer