Position Summary: This position is responsible to provide engineering assistance and support to the Project, Quality and/or Manufacturing Engineering departments as directed by the Engineering Manager, Quality Manager or Operations Manager. The objective is to provide education and industry experience to Engineering Students allowing them to gain firsthand knowledge of the Engineering profession. This relationship should foster opportunities for both the Engineering student and Advanced Molding Technologies. Interns will be assigned a specific project to be completed within the duration of their internship.
Reports To: Various Engineering Dept. Managers
Duration: Summer – May 2021 through August/Sept 2021
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitates Training in mold design/construction, injection molding process and manufacturing, manufacturing operations and documentation, manufacturing quality and project management.
- Assist Project, Quality and/or Manufacturing Engineers in creating Work Instructions.
- Assist Project, Quality and/or Manufacturing Engineers in organizing part submission and validation reports.
- Manage Continuous Improvement projects.
- Evaluate, recommend, and develop improved techniques for product designs, quality, manufacturability, and safety.
- Develop, recommend, and implement cost reduction ideas.
- Participate on new product development team as support for Project, Quality and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Assist Engineering and Estimations with new quoting opportunities.
- Currently enrolled in and completed at least 2 years of an accredited Engineering curriculum preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to organize, multitask, and interpret priorities.
- Ability to contribute and work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze and achieve resolution.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Project, SolidWorks and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of current ERP software preferred.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.